We all know it’s important to eat vegetables for a healthy diet, and when it comes to veggies, it seems most of America is in agreement as to the best one out there.
• Just in time for National Eat Your Vegetables Day, which is Friday, Green Giant polled 5,000 Americans about their love of vegetables.
• Broccoli was named the overwhelming favorite for yet another year, with corn coming in second and carrots in third.
• Overall, 29 states chose broccoli as their favorite, including California, Nevada, Oregon, Florida, New York and Texas.
• While Broccoli is still tops, corn seems to be rising in popularity, with 11 states choosing it as their favorite, up 37% from last year.
• And a lot of states have changed up their favorites from last year.
• In fact, 54% have a new favorite vegetable this year.
• One of those states is Iowa, that now agrees with the majority and loves broccoli, not corn, even though it's a state famous for corn.
Source: Yahoo Finance
p.s. As a veggie lover, it is hard to pick but I do like broccoli, And asparagus. And all green things! I love cauliflower and carrots too. And squash. I could go on! And I am surprised potatoes didn't rule the list around here! ~Shelby