Easter fun …
- Americans eat more than 600 million marshmallow Peeps during Easter. This makes Peeps the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy.
- Easter is the second biggest candy-consuming holiday of the year. Halloween is first.
- We eat more than 16 million jelly beans during the holiday -- enough to circle the globe three times … or to fill a plastic egg the size of a nine-story building.
- In the U.S. alone, around 90 million chocolate bunnies are produced for Easter.
- Speaking of chocolate bunnies … 59 percent of people eat the ears on the chocolate bunny first, 4 percent go for the feet or the tail. (Good Housekeeping)
- Making a ham this Easter? There's a hotline for that. Yep, Kentucky Legends Ham has a hotline open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Just call 1-866-343-5058 to get answers on everything from emergency problems -- like how to avoid burning or overcooking your ham -- to what to serve as a side dish, to what wine goes best with ham. FYI: Sauvignon Blanc for ham without a glaze, Riesling for a sweet glaze. (Delish)