The Mobile Saenger Theatre has rescheduled its 2020 Movie Series for dates in October and November! The series, originally scheduled to take place in July and August, was postponed due to the increasing number of cases of COVID-19 in our community.
The series is graciously sponsored, in part, byGreer’s MarketsandRoberts Brothers.
The updated schedule is as follows:
Thursday, October 15 at 7 p.m. |The Big Chill
Thursday, October 22 at 7 p.m. |Muscle Shoals
Sunday, October 25 at 3 p.m. |National Lampoon’s Vacation
Thursday, October 29 at 7 p.m. |Pretty Woman
Sunday, November 1 at 3 p.m. |Frozen
Thursday, November 5 at 7 p.m. |Ghost
Thursday, November 12 at 7 p.m. |Jailhouse Rock
Thursday, November 19 at 7 p.m. |Footloose
Sunday, November 22 at 3 p.m. |The Bridge on the River Kwai
Tickets are on sale now! Ticket prices are $6 for adults and $3 for children (12 & under) and seniors (60+). The Saenger Theatre Box Office is currently closed, but movie tickets can be purchased at theMobile Civic CenterBox Office (located at 401 Civic Center Drive; open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). The Saenger Box Office will be open on movie days. Hours will be 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sundays and 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays. Tickets for movies cannot be purchased online or by phone.
Limited concessions, as well as beer and wine, will be available.
Health and Safety Protocols
The well-being of our guests and team members is our top priority. As such, we will abide by the following guidelines at all movies:
- Masks will be required for all patrons and staff while inside the venue.
- In order to meet social distancing guidelines, only 600 tickets will be available for each movie.
- We have mapped out our seating chart to ensure that patrons are properly socially distanced. Because Alabama Governor Kay Ivey’s “Safer at Home” order mandates that for all non-work gatherings, citizens are required to maintain a six-foot distance between persons not from the same household, and in order to accommodate the maximum number of patrons, the majority of available seats will be sold in groups of four. We will do our best to accommodate families with more than four members.
- Social distancing protocols will be strictly enforced in the Box Office, at the theatre entrance, and in all lobby and restroom areas. Signage throughout the venue will help patrons adhere to proper guidelines.
- For additional information about our health and safety protocols, please visitbit.ly/saengersafety.
Each year, the Saenger Theatre partners with a local non-profit during the Summer Movie Series to collect needed wish list items and cash donations for the organization at each movie. Past beneficiaries include Penelope House, McKemie Place and Lifelines Counseling Services. This year, our partner organization is theMobile Ronald McDonald House, which provides a supportive home environment offering care, compassion and hope to families with seriously ill and injured children being treated at local hospitals. To learn more about Ronald McDonald House Charities, please visitwww.rmhcmobile.org.
Items that will be collected at each movie are:
- Paper towels
- Plastic cups (disposable)
- Paper plates
- Tall kitchen trash bags
- Gallon and snack size storage bags
- Laundry detergent pods
- Bottled water
- Powder coffee creamer (pourable canisters)
- Sugar (pourable canisters)
- Granola or breakfast bars