Taking down the tree and Mobile area tree drop off locations
I am one of those who hate to say goodbye. I think it is sad to immediately remove the source of SO MUCH JOY that I worked on SO hard to put up! So...figuring out when to take down the Christmas tree might just be the toughest task of them all. See our Facebook poll below.
If you find yourself "stumped" over this very question year after year, maybe consider letting tradition be your guide. Many Christians have marked the end of the Christmas season on the Twelfth Night (or 12 nights after Christmas) — an evening also known as the Eve of the Epiphany.
The Epiphany marks the Three Kings (or Wise Men) visiting baby Jesus, and is either celebrated on January 5 or January 6 (depending on whether you count Day One as Christmas or not). Although Christian groups reportedly disagree over which date is the correct one, tradition dictates that the Twelfth Night is the best time to take down your festive decorations — including your tree. It's believed that waiting too long after the Twelfth Night will bring bad luck.
We have more family coming in January to do a late Christmas, so I hope it lasts until then! Yep, I will keep all Christmas decorations up until then! And it is a real tree and it smells so good and I just love to stare at it. (I know, I'm a weirdo...my husband says I am "part Elf!")
There is no correct answer of when to take it down. I know some people who hate the clutter so they took theirs down ON Christmas Day (!!!) Bottom line is...you put it up, so you decide when it comes down!
BALDWIN COUNTY dropoff locations:
Sites in Baldwin County for Christmas tree recycling drop-off are as follows:
- Bay Minette Transfer Station, at 42901 Nicholsville Road, Bay Minette
- Spanish Fort Volunteer Fire Department, at 7580 Spanish Fort Blvd., Spanish Fort
- MacBride Landfill, at 14200 County Road 64, Loxley
- Baldwin County Central Annex, at 22251 Palmer St., Robertsdale
- Fairhope Satellite Courthouse, at 1100 Fairhope Ave., Fairhope
- Magnolia Landfill, at 15140 County Road 49, Summerdale
- Foley Satellite Courthouse, at 201 E. Section Ave., Foley
- Perdido Beach VFD, at 8450 Escambia Ave., Perdido Beach
Here are MOBILE COUNTY drop off locations: