Paging Dr. Shelby: Nutrient Deficiencies That Can Mess With Your Mental Health
When you struggle with bad moods, it could be what you’re not eating that’s the cause.
Your diet has a lot to do with your physical health, but there’s so much more to it. Being deficient in certain nutrients can have a strong impact on your moods and mental health.
Some of the mental health issues that can be seriously impacted by loss of nutrients include depression, anxiety disorders, and ADHD.
Here are the nutrients you need to keep in your body.
· Omega-3 Fatty acids. Low levels will put your mood all over the map.
· Vitamin D. This is a lynchpin to physical health and most important for mental health as well.
· B12. Concentration and depression are affected by this.
· Carbs. Yes carbs. Leave them out and depression may worsen.
· Protein. Your body needs this to regulate serotonin.
· Magnesium. It’s been dubbed the calming nutrient for a reason.
Click on the link to read the full article and complete listing of foods to help. By the way, I am not a real doctor, I just read health articles on the radio and post them here. :) ~Shelby